Dodge the Drop!

Jeez. Now I kind of know what Roger Clemens feels like.

I’ve been facing a barrage of questions for days now.

My last column was such a hit everyone is wondering why the hell I haven’t posted something new.

When was my last column anyway?

Was it a week ago? Two? Hell, I don’t know. I misremember.

Either way, it’s been kind of busy here at Kutztown University.

First of all, I graduated two weeks ago. Hold your applause till later, please.

Second, four straight tournaments I had to cover between KU softball and baseball. I had a 14-hour day the on Friday.

So what had happened since I’ve been gone?

Well, for one, Zack Greinke became human and gave up some runs and stopped pitching nine innings at a time. And thank God, because I had to face him and Team Suck this week.

But, away from Greinke and on to more important business.

I’m asking… No, wait, I’m begging all fantasy baseball owners to stop dropping Dodgers because the Gameday Gamblers keep benefiting from your mistakes.

First, Andre Ethier was dropped, and now he’s a .300 batter knocking in runs and scoring more in a given week than Tony Soprano.

As if that wasn’t enough, the Backward K’s gave up on Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw and placed him on waivers where at least three people went after him.

Of course, the Gamblers won the waiver battle. (I’m sure he cheated.)

What does Kershaw do? A no-hitter through seven innings in his first appearance as a Gambler. How lucky.

Worth noting, the player who broke up the no-hitter — Cody Ross — was the player the Gamblers dropped to pick Kershaw up. How ironic.

So the next time you're thinking about dropping someone on your roster, make sure he's not a Dodger. If he is, I'm willing to entertain a trade before you drop.

JamScore Rankings, Week 6
After six weeks, it seems that my fiancée and I are on a collision course toward the Fantasy World Series.

The Sex Panthers lead the Ron Burgundy League with 70 wins, but the separation between first and fourth place is 8 1/2 games.

The Slammers lead the Office Space League by one game over the Evening News, and as the great schedule maker I am, there will be yet another battle between the top two teams in the Office Space League this week.

The Evening News may not lead the League, but he’s atop the JamScore Rankings, followed by the Slammers, Bombers, Panthers and Destroyers.

Here’s the link:
http://sites.google.com/site/jimmyjamleague/Home/jimmyjam-league-fantasy-baseball

Comments