JFL Week 11 Recap: No playoff berths and no elminations

As we head into Week 12, we have no teams in the playoffs yet.

Even more astonishingly, no one is eliminated either.

So 12 teams will battle it out for six playoffs spots.

Playoffs?

Who wants to make it?

The World of Noise, Chinese Organ Thieves and Dottsville Toasters are all in the best position in their respective conferences and they can clinch this weekend, but again, the scenarios are all too numerous to list, so I will not even try.

Typically by this point, we have a few teams that have clinched, another few who are eliminated, and a small group battling for an even smaller number of playoff spots.

So it's odd that in 2013, we are in this situation.

It has been a weird NFL season in many ways, so why not have a weird JFL season.

It's weird for me especially because I haven't seen an NFL game in about three weeks. I don't really care to watch Thursdays and Mondays, and I've been out of town for three straight NFL weeks.

And I'll be out of town on business again this Sunday, so I'm left wondering what's going on in the NFL again.

I did listen to the Ravens-Bears game on the way home from Annapolis on Sunday, and I only was able to listen because tornadoes delayed the first quarter for nearly two hours.

Yes, tornadoes. Weird.

This comes in the same season that saw the Seahawks Sunday night game take what I like to call the "Breaking Bad" hour break. That hour-plus delay was thanks to a heavy rainstorm, and then there was the delay in the Broncos home opener.

The Giants and Steelers also had delays that lasted several weeks before they started playing football.

Anyway, back to fantasy.

In the matchup of the week, the Organ Thieves edged the News Team 93.8-87.6 thanks to the Bengals defense, which had four sacks, two TDs, and four turnovers for 21.8 points.

Ironically, the one man the Bengals couldn't stop, Josh Gordon, scored 21.5 points on the News Team's bench. Oh well. Missed opportunity. Can't say I blame him. Gordon has been hit or miss. Nevertheless, his three 20-point weeks have to make him a consideration for future weeks. He can make a difference as we saw this week.

I had no one on my bench who could have made a difference with six players on the bye. Even if they weren't on the bye, Jawz Attack won his third straight game with a great performance from Antonio Brown, who has quietly jumped up to No. 5 on the WR list.

Yes, the WR who helped me win a Super Bowl in 2011 and flopped as a first-round pick in 2012 has now scored 29.8 points on me in a pivotal matchup.

Thanks, Antonio.

Now, the Attack and Slackers are both within one game with two left. Yeah, I'm a little worried. But I expect some good things in the weeks to come. Watch out, Parker.

And watch out Noise. I'm coming for that No. 1 seed.

Noise needs just two more wins to lock up that No. 1 seed after his 102.2-82.6 win over Houserville, who has to be fed up with Cam Newton. Every time he benches him, he goes off. This week, another 34.2 points on the bench. It wouldn't have made a difference this week, but nevertheless, it serves as another frustration for Houserville who is now 4-7 after his 10-4 campaign in 2012.

The Toasters desperately do not want to remember 2012.

He was sitting in first place at this point last year before falling to 7-6 and missing the playoffs. At 7-4 after a second straight win, he needs to win one more to clinch a division title and a playoff spot. But that next matchup is against the mighty Noise.

To win, he'll need what has been the key to his last 14 victories over the last two years: 30-plus points from RGIII.

It never fails. RGIII scores 30 points, Toasters wins. That's been the case the last two weeks and he'll certainly hope for one more week of that.

And then the Slackers won. But I'm done typing. Ray Rice, Drew Brees and others scored points. But who cares about that team. Not me.

Comments