JimmyJam Football League Week 8 Preview (10.26.14)

I’m not feeling it today. I had 67.1 point scored on me on Thursday and Matthew Stafford is off to his normal start.

Hindsight is a word that I’d rather not use right now because I’d like to keep my blog in good standing. But you can just imagine.

I sit here today and wonder why didn’t I stick with my original plan. What was that plan? It was not drafting Stafford in the second round. It was drafting Russell Wilson or someone else. I didn’t expect Stafford to be there, so that threw off my whole draft strategy.

And as it turns out, he’s just as good as the rest of the QBs who were taken in the later rounds.

That’s frustrating. Especially on a Sunday morning when the NFL again has expanded its grasp on America. Today, I “have” to watch football from 9 a.m. to after midnight.

I know what you’re saying: “Jimmy, you don’t have to watch it.”

But I have Stafford going now, the Eagles play at 4:05, and my star, first-round tight end goes at 8:30, so I kind of have to watch. Thanks, NFL. Plus, World Series Game 5 is on tonight, so I’ll be busy watching that, too. Thanks, sports.

OK, enough about me and my personal issues. You’ve heard me gripe for several paragraphs.

Let’s talk about the Fear. And let’s not waste any words. Right to the preview.


T-Money (4-3) at Fear and Loathing (7-0)

DON’T BREAK MY RECORD: T-Money is proud to be among the only teams to have started 7-0. But he want to be the one to keep Fear and Loathing from going 8-0. It’s like when the Dolphins beat an undefeated team in real life. Chris Berman, back when ESPN was good at delivering sports news, would pop the champagne on that awesome show that would deliver all the NFL highlights. Ah, the good ole days.

ROMO NO-GO: Interesting that Tony Romo gets a seat on the bench after several really good weeks. But when your backups has a few good weeks in his back pocket and the Jaguars on the schedule, I guess it’s worth giving him the start. I just think Romo vs. the Redskins is a good matchup, too. Nevertheless, Romo is a bit beat up and his game is on Monday, so I agree with this move. I just hope it works because Fear needs to go down.

MONDAY COMEBACK: But Fear will not go down. Not this week. DeMarco Murray will score his 20 points on Monday night and this matchup will be over. … And that’s if his 20 points are even needed. Andrew Luck should score his usual 30-plus points, Le’Veon Bell should hit his usual double-digits and I guess at this point, we should expect one of his wideouts to randomly score 20 points, even though you wouldn’t expect it.


Philly Cheese Steaks (3-4) at Real Houserville (4-3)

BATTLE OF THE SUPER BOWL QBs: Nick Foles and Aaron Rodgers both have JFL Super Bowl rings. Since they are playing each other today, they will be handed their JFL Super Bowl rings in a ceremony today. News Team will be upset to watch it with his current QB situation in mind. After the ceremony, both should have good days with decent fantasy matchups. Rodgers has the better matchup number-wise and one would expect a shootout in that game, so the advantage goes to Houserville.

McCOY TIME: LeSean McCoy makes his debut for the ‘Ville and it comes against the third-ranked defense against the run. But, I expect a good day out of him. Of course I do. I’m an Eagles fan.

...

OK, it’s 11:20 and I’m struggling to get this done today. I honestly think I need to reformat this again, like I did last year. I reverted to the individual matchup previews with small notes, but it’s still a bit too much for me to get done each week. I think I’ll keep the recaps in that format, but the previews, need to change.

And I’m starting the change right now.

The Toasters and Noise highlight the rest of the matchups — I know, you’re surprised my matchup with the Thieves doesn’t rank high. Both the Toasters and Noise are 4-3 and both are in need of a win to remain in the races within their divisions.

The Jerk has a great chance to build a new billboard with a 6-2 record because he plays the 0-7 Generals. Wish I played the Generals. Team Boyer also is looking for that 6-2 record and he’s going up against Choo who is in a situation where Zach Mettenberger has to make the start at QB. Yeah, good luck with that. Boyer should spackle him by 30 points.

And the other matchup worth mentioning is the battle of the last two Super Bowl Champions, the News Team vs. the Sunday Slackers. Both are 3-4 and both are itching for that .500 record. That would officially mean that they’re back in it. To get there, the News Team will have to rely on yet another QB. It’s Austin Davis time, and that Photoshop is officially in production.


But it won’t be completed just yet. Time to watch the Lions finish off this morning of football.

Comments