JFL Week 1 Preview: Super rematches and division favorites

Week 1 features the Super Bowl IX rematch between Fear and T-Money.

It also has the rematch of Super Bowl I and Super Bowl VI as the Jammers and Team Boyer.

And, of course, it has the rematch of Super Bowl VIII, Channel 4 News Team and World of Noise.

Nevertheless, the biggest matchup is Houserville vs. Graybill.

Two former Lewistown Sentinel writers are set to go at it as they look to start 2015 off strong with a win. Houserville has been notoriously been dubbed the favorite to win it all with his amazing team filled with stars. Even without italics, you can taste my sarcasm there, right?

Graybill (seriously, no sarcasm here at all) has the team to turn a 2-11 season into a playoff run. And it will start Week 1. Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins defense will both have big weeks against Washington, while Eddie Lacy will show why he’s the better back over Charles and Peterson in 2015.

Houserville may think I have it out to get him, but don’t worry. I think your team will win plenty. I just think Graybill will take this one.

But he won’t know until Monday night. It’s going to be a close contest heading into the dreaded 10:15 p.m. start between the Vikings and 49ers.

Why, NFL? Why?

You’ve read plenty of Jargon tirades on NFL scheduling, so I won’t do it again. But seriously, NFL. You’re killing me.

The Vikings-Niners game is the last one of the week, and it’s not really that interesting to me. Certainly no where close to the opening contest between the Patriots and Steelers.

It’d be the Seahawks had Pete Carroll handed the ball to Marshawn Lynch like he should have done.

He’ll certainly make up for that this year, and the Jammers will love that in Week 1. He'll (third person, cause why not) need it against Team Boyer because he gets the early start with his boy, Mr. Tom Brady.

He held out for his franchise QB and the court system came through for him. How lucky.

Or, should I say, how lucky am I?

Brady’s mad at the NFL and I’m sure he wants to take it out on the NFL, so of course, I’d face his owner Week 1.

Hopefully, like the Force, his anger will lead him to failure.

Even if Brady tries too hard and struggles in the NFL opener, Boyer still has plenty to fall back on to beat me.

He’s not like T-Money, who is all QB. With Tony Romo projected to get nearly half of his points this week, it will be tough to beat Fear. Even if he were able to add "Arts and Crafts Tony Romo," he’d still be in trouble.

Andrew Luck should have a field day in Buffalo, and Golden Tate will have better week than ESPN is projecting.

The News Team hopes that’s the case for many of his players because thanks to suspensions, injuries and an offseason trade of picks, he’s down to Aaron Rodgers, Emmanuel Sanders and … and … well … yep, that’s about it.

Bet he hopes Tevin Coleman and Cody Latimer go for a combined 50 points to shove it in my face.

I’ll take the heat if it comes.

Just like I’ll take the heat for not writing about everyone each week.

At this time, I plan to write a recap/preview all at once highlighting the big matchups, the big news makers and Houserville’s failures.

If I miss you, sorry, but, to be as blunt as Sheldon Cooper, perhaps your team should strive to be more interesting.

Bazinga. 

Comments