JFL Season No. 11 Ready to Get Going

After Choo won Super Bowl X, it's time to start fresh and get another name on the trophy in 2016.

The draft has been set up for Aug. 21 at 1 p.m. I welcome anyone to come over to my house for the draft, just please inform me ahead of time so I know how many hot dogs to prepare, just like you see to the right of Choo holding the trophy.

I'll even get that special JimmyJam Homemade Hot Sauce ready for Mr. Philly Cheese Steaks.

The taste is delicious and the flavor lasts much longer than any one person will have to draft each round.

There will be 60 seconds per pick this year from start to finish as opposed to starting with 120 seconds and slowly dropping it down. We did this in baseball and it worked wonders for the pace of the draft.

Also, not written into the JFL rulebook yet, are the defensive players and the no more trading of draft picks at any time during the JFL season. The draft is what it is. We've had issues with weighing the value of a draft pick and I don't want to have to weigh it again, so no longer will JFL teams be able to trade draft picks. (I went searching but could not find a deal during the season last year that involved a 2016 pick, so if I'm mistaken on that, please let me know and we'll grandfather that deal in.)

Here is the draft order, which includes the penalties given out to Fear and T-Money for there draft miscues last season. As written in a blog post after the draft, I took the polling into account and levied the fine of them having to keep their keeper in the first round, no matter where they were drafted last year, and they have both been moved to the back of the draft at picks 15 and 16. (Fear got 15 because he had a better record than T-Money.)

1. Slackers
2. Jawz
3. Channel 4
4. Spacklers
5. Jersey Bombers
6. Jammers
7. World of Noise
8. Toasters
9. Chalupa
10. Jerk
11. Philly Cheese
12. Houserville
13. Generals
14. Choo
15. Fear
16. T-Money

It's a straight draft again so no snake involved at all. Keepers are the same as last year; IF YOU HAVE A PLAYER you selected in the FIRST ROUND, you will click the keeper icon next to their name on ESPN.

If you have a keeper who is designated for a different round, DO NOT submit them on ESPN. You will send the name to me and when the draft comes along, you will draft that player in the round they are designated to be drafted in.

Keepers are due at noon on Sunday, Aug. 14. I'll have a release with the names up ASAP. If you miss the keeper deadline, I pick a player for you and they go first round.

That's all for now. I'll hopefully get to update the JFL record book here later this week and then it's on to keepers.

Comments