Week 5 JFL Recap

I have to be honest. With the majority of my players on the bye week and a bunch of great baseball playoff series, I struggled to watch any football this weekend.

Hell, I just found out today I would have won had I stuck with my guns, but no, for the second week in a row, I made a roster move at 11 a.m. on a Sunday and it failed — big time.

So, new rule: Set my roster now and don’t look at it again until 1:05 p.m. on Sunday.

The Noise and Slackers didn’t appear to have my problem as they each won in Week 5 to improve to 4-1, leaving me behind at 3-2.

The Slackers have now won three in a row, while the Noise has won four straight.

Noise did so with a bit of Nostradamus-like magic, telling Choo that he wasn’t worried because his kicker would score 20 points. He was technically wrong, but only because Adam Vinatieri had 23 points in the 99-91.5 win.

Cheese Steaks is certainly wondering how to get such production from a kicker — he got just 7 from Blair Walsh this week. Fortunately for him, it was in another win fueled by a huge Big Ben week.

Big Ben threw two of his four TD passes to some dude named Sammie Coates on Dawson’s bench which would have helped him beat Jerk, but instead he lost 93.9-92.2. Even without homefield advantage, Dawson loses by less than two. That’s four losses in a row, and it had to be quite upsetting considering the fact that Dawson held a slim lead heading into Monday night.

That’s when Cameron Brate, a Tampa Bay tight end who is somehow not a member of Chalupa Batman, scored 4 points to give the Jerk the much-needed win.

News Team also won by less than two, beating T-Money 80.9-79.1. T-Money could have won, but for some reason he had a BYE week player on his starting lineup and another who was placed on the IR, so let’s not let that happen again. Ask the JLBers. You don’t set your roster, you get the boot. If Nikish makes the playoffs by one game, that team that misses it by one is going to very pissed at you Money Man.

And that’s really all I have for this week. I apologize. I just really didn’t pay enough attention and I don’t wan to completely B-S this.

Plus, the NHL opened tonight and I can’t stop watching it. I’ve been trying to type this for 2 hours and gotten nowhere. Meanwhile, the No. 1 overall pick in 2016 has scored four goals in two periods. No player in NHL history has ever scored 4 goals in their debut.

Choo must be scratching his head. “I thought NHL games were boring with only two goals a game?”


No, Choo. You’re wrong. This game is currently 4-4 with 12 minutes to go in the third. Each team has one timeout left. They also started with one timeout apiece. The final minute will take anywhere between 60 seconds to 180 to finish. Not 20 minutes, like an NBA game. So dumb.

Comments