Lebowski enters JLB with silent excitement

When Jason McGuirk heard about the interworking of the JLB, there was great intrigue.

So when the opening finally came, he jumped on it.

Then, 70 days later, some of the JLB was jumping on him.

Why isn’t he trading? What is he doing? Is he real?

The questions flew, and the Dude, Mr. Lebowski understood.

“I get that sentiment,” McGuirk admitted, “but I like the bones of the roster I inherited. To just jump in and trade, say Miggy, for four prospects, all of which I'd have to use keeper spots to protect, just didn't seem smart to me. Call me crazy.”

You’re not. It makes sense. I’d honestly do the same thing, especially with a group like Bryce Harper, Manny Machado and Miguel Cabrera. I’d try to build around them in the draft before selling them.

Harper and Machado are both 24 years old. No need to sell them yet, and Miggy can be useful for the start and if selling time comes, he can go.

“I’m going to get my feet wet and see how it goes,” McGuirk said. “Perhaps I’d do more if the previous manager could have gotten a little more for Mickey Mantle 2.0, you know replenish that pipeline.”

Oh, zing!

I love the fire. It’s great to have McGuirk on board.

“I'm excited about how into this League everyone is,” he said. “I was surprised honestly. I've been wanting to get into a league like this for years. I've been playing fantasy baseball since 2000 and running a league that's now in it’s 15th year, a three-keeper league. I'm pumped for the opportunity to get into a dynasty format and see how I stack up.”

Right now, there may be some work to do on the pitching end, but Jason has plenty of reasons to smile.

“There’s a lot to be excited about, aside from Manny Machado, who at last glance, is now under the ownership of one Adam Jones,” he said. “I'll forward along all trade inquiries for Manny to said Adam Jones.”

Joking aside, Jason picked out his top prospects coming up.

“I'm most excited for Mr. Devers arrival in hopefully 2018,” he said. “Big power potential and only 20 years old. Also, keep your eyes and ears open for Helen...err, Mitch Keller. I don't see what I did there. What? Did you say something?”

Ah, man, he’s on fire.


Someone get a bucket of WA-WA.




.

Comments