JLB Opening Monday notes

Apparently some people are jealous in the JLB.

“Why aren’t you writing about me?”

“Why are you drooling over the Outs?”

One, Outs sent me quotes; you all can do the same. Only four other JLB members did that.

Two, he’s the World Series Champion. Win it, and I’ll daydream/write about you like Parker dreams of Tim from Fantrax.

It's true. They're soulmates. Parker knew it the moment he used imperfect grammar on the chat window in the JLB Draft.

Their relationship has blossomed so fast and I do believe they’re slated to get married.

“It will have to be in the offseason once I win the World Series,” Parker said, facetiously. “But you all are in invited.”

Oh, that’s sweet of you. But since you ditched Opening Day cookout once again, I’ll decline my invite.

TWO HOMERS
How about the players hitting two homers in Opening Day games? We already mentioned Madison Bumgarner doing it on Sunday, but Rougned Odor, Yasmani Grandal and Khris Davis all followed up with two-homer days on Monday.

Let's take a guess who will do it today in White Sox-Tigers opener... I'll go with Miguel Cabrera.

Even if he doesn't hit two, I'd have to think he will hit one. That's the new norm, right?

So many home runs in the first couple days just a year after we saw quite an uptick in homers in MLB, and, of course, in the JLB.

Could we be on pace to break some more HR records?

PAY UP!
You just have to wonder about some offseason decisions on Monday.

The Orioles finally caved in and payed their big bat from a year ago, Mark Trumbo, and he provided the game-winning homer against the Blue Jays in the 11th inning.

On the other side, the Jays didn't pay Edwin Encarnacion, who homered late to lead the Indians to a comeback win over the Rangers.

Do you think in the 10th inning, the Jays were wondering, "Man, I'd love to have Edwin up here instead of Steve Pearce."

I'm sure as soon as Trumbo hit the walk-off, they were smacking their forehead like Homer Simpson. 

"D'oh!"

Comments