Dude, your pitchers had a case of the Mondays

Dude and I broke pitchers left and right on Monday.

It all started early in the day when I saw my opponent did not have his lineup set. It was 10 a.m. and I even told my intern about it.

“Still plenty of time,” I said, referring to the 2 p.m. games.

Meeting after meeting went by and all of a sudden, it was 2:30 and I realized he still didn’t start them.

Oh, man, I said to myself.

I’m sure he said something similar, but not as PG-rated.

Nevertheless, after Jameson Taillon and Carlos Rodon combined to go 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA, 2.850 WHIP and 7 walks, he may have been happy he missed those starts.

Then, I had Jon Lester injure himself running the bases with a 6-0 lead. He left after 2 innings.

Later that night, Felix Hernandez, a spot-starter for me, pitched the first inning and left with an illness.

Then for the Dude, Hyun-Jin Ryu left after 1.2 innings with a left groin strain.

If this is a sign of what’s to come this week, we both will run out of healthy pitchers by Thursday.


FISH ROBS FORMER FISH
Just check out Trout robbing Yelich. It’s awesome.

It would only be better if Monkey was playing the Panthers this week.


Now that would be a fantasy headliner.


WILLY? CAN HE?
Willy Adames in batting .184!

Why is that exciting?

Because three days ago, he was batting .037.

After a horrid 1-for-23 start to the season, Adames has now hit safely in three straight games, going 6-for-11 in those games.

This is good for me to see considering how much stock I put in to keeping him. This is a guy who batted .305 since his recall in July last summer and I had high hopes of him being the starting shortstop.

His struggles, however, have led to a happy move on my part.

No way in hell I waste a free agent pickup and a roster spot on a third shortstop — Amed Rosario had been my everyday starter prior to last Friday.

But with Adames sitting at .043 on Thursday and Rosario not necessarily lighting it up, I re-acquired Dansby Swanson who has started 2019 just like he started 2018.

After Monday’s 1-for-4 night with a triple, three RBIs and a SAC fly, Swanson is now batting .333 with three homers and 12 RBIs. He also has an OBP of .436 with his six walks to seven strikeouts.

Last year, it was an early injury that derailed what looked to be his breakout season.

Could it be that this is it?

Will he? Can he?


.

Comments