JFL Week 2 Recap

Of course it happened.

I literally just wrote a whole piece about Boyer having to deal with the dreaded score a boat-load of points and lose — the kind of total that will beat 90 percent of the League, but you faced someone in the 10 percent.

What happens after I write that?

I run into the same horrible problem.

Figures.

It's not like I was making fun of Boyer or anything, so this isn't karma.

It's just a crazy coincidence.

Worst of all, I could have won with Dak Prescott, but I stuck with my higher-selected QB and got burned this time.

You can bet Dak Prescott will be starting this Sunday for me.

All said, I am extremely happy that Graybill's defensive lineman recorded 3 sacks and totaled 7 points on Monday Night Football because I was losing by a miserable 0.15 points. If that would have been the final score, I would have hit delete on this League.

Just kidding, of course.

As you all know, I can't find a button on Fantrax to save my life!


JAWZ OF DEATH?
Look out for the JFL's top team Jawz!

He's 2-0 and cruising with his 85.75 points per game. He's like a ninja with a butter knife; it doesn't look scary, but he's going to cut you.

So Choo, you're next up. Consider this your sign on the beach to swim at your own risk. You're projected to score more than 100 points, but you know what Jawz says about projections.

Who makes those projections anyway?

Experts? Pfft. Come at me, bro.

Choo is doomed right now because this is the way of fantasy football: One team gets all the luck, and right now, Jawz is looking pretty damn lucky.

Luck? Pfft. Come at me, bro.


HERE WE GO AGAIN
Last year, if you recall, it was the crazy year of the tie-breaker. So many teams finished the season at 7-6. Some made the playoffs, other didn't thanks to head-to-head matchups and four-way tie-breakers that were somewhat mind-boggling. It was a situation that made me actually appreciate the fact that I add some pretty damn good detail to the rulebook when it comes to tiebreakers.

That said, I am hoping to avoid such an awful mess in 2019, yet here we are, after two weeks, with 10 teams tied at 1-1.

A lot can and will change of course, but my god are we all mediocre.

Except Jawz. He's superb.

Wait.

Drew Brees had surgery? He's out for a long time? I literally just saw that news as I got to this paragraph.

I take back what I said earlier, Choo. You're good. Nothing can go wrong for you now. You're going to win this match against Jawz easily.

(Those who are in the fantasy baseball league will chuckle there. For those who are not and are curious, search the Jargon archives to find out why.)

Comments