2020 JLB PREVIEWS: Quad Eh All-Stars

Quad Eh made the shocking run to the World Series last season and fell short against Breakfast.

 

He memorably tied his way to get there and it was rather crazy the scenarios that occurred to get him into the big series.

 

So, it begs the question: Has Erik spent some extra time studying the rulebook?

 

Yes, sure, I used this Photoshop last year... But how could I not use it again?
Yes, sure, I used this Photoshop in the playoffs last year. ... 
But can you blame me for bringing it back?


“I haven't looked at the tiebreaker rules again,” he said. “I’m hoping it doesn't come to that and the Quad Eh All-Stars can be a more dominant force in this shortened season. Furthermore, I'm running out of hair to turn grey after all the stress of ties last year!”

He won’t have to worry about the grey in the beard as he shaved it off the other day, and like the Quad Eh roster, he looks much younger.

 

This offseason, he shaved off some older players and cashed in to get a bit younger, adding guys like Gavin Lux and Alec Bohm to go with young superstars in Javier Baez and Juan Soto.

 

With excess in certain positions, he had the ability to make those moves, and with the young players coming, this could be a scary team to face in the years to come

 

“Really interested to see what shakes out of my minor leaguers to see what the future may hold for the Canadian squad,” he said. “There's a good chance that many of them may see action, and if they perform, I may have the pleasant problem of too much talent. First off, I'm excited to see Evan White, who was looking to get everyday playtime right out of the gate. With Freeman in rough shape, he'll be an important part of a successful 2020 season. I'm also looking forward to more progress from Nick Solak, Gavin Lux, and Kyle Lewis at the big league level. 


"As far as arms go, this is going to be a weird year. At 26, I'm hoping to see James Kaprielian in the bigs as a contributor and possibly get a good look at Brailyn Marquez in the Friendly Confines.”

 

(A longer quote than I would normally share, but I couldn’t cut him off. I can't be impolite to our nice Canadian friend!)

 

Nick Solak is a player I really liked in the draft, and I had thought about taking him in the first round, but I thought I’d be able to get him with my next pick.

 

I was wrong.

 

Solak right now looks like he’ll be the starting LF for Texas on Opening Day, which means Quad Eh will have yet another log-jam in LF next year, but for now, he has a backup for 3B and DH with Solak.

 

All told, there are nine projected double-digit home run guys on this roster, and several with high 30s RBI totals.

 

I know I boasted and bragged about the Dude’s lineup, and that’s because he has the “names,” but the production here in Quad Eh land isn’t too far off.

 

Unlike the Dude, pitching will not be a question mark, as I put his staff way ahead of the Dude’s with a real Cy Young winner in Jacob deGrom (I’m sure of that information!).

 

Charlie Morton, Madison Bumgarner, and Kyle Hendricks are all great options to have out there as sidekicks to deGrom. There are also some really nice sleepers here.

 

“For my staff, I feel like Alex Wood has to be a big part of my rotation to go deep into the playoffs,” Erik said. “Also, a pair of fliers on oft-injured never quite reached their potential guys in Kendall Graveman and Taijuan Walker pitching at Safeco could be a big surprise if they can perform to even a No. 3 starter profile for us.”

 

And that big surprise could be just what Quad Eh needs to tear up the tie-breaker rules and go searching for the mercy rules.

Comments