2010 Preview: Toasters, Jammers selected to win conference titles

Happy fifth anniversary everyone.

Isn't it great to say we're in our fifth year? I'm stoked because we keep advancing as a league. We had the first "semi" live draft, which was a lot of fun, and I hope to bolster the attendance next summer.

And I will have a trophy soon. I found a trophy shop that will build a trophy with a big enough base that will allow for many name plates to be placed on it. I will get name plates for all four of our past champions, and I hope to be able to have the winner hold on to the trophy until the start of next season.

Trophy or no trophy, we're still in great shape.

I'd also like to formally welcome the new franchise, Jawz Attack. The owner is my Uncle Jason and he’s been on the waiting list to join for a while, and he will be here for the long haul, so we hopefully will not have any more turnover in the foreseeable future.

Now, the moment everyone has been waiting for — conference previews and predictions.

Last year, I vowed to do much better when it came to predictions. Well, we saw how that worked out. I had the Thieves going to the Super Bowl (they wound up with the No. 3 draft pick) and I had Houserville and the Slackers finishing last in their respective divisions (they both went to the playoffs).

So this year, I decided that I was not worthy of making these decisions anymore.

I decided it was time to involve everyone in the preseason predictions, and thus, the preseason poll.

I've released both polls and both previews are up now. The links are below or on the sidebar.

Liberty Conference Preseason Poll
Rank/Team/Points (First-place votes)
1. Jimmy Jammers.................21 (3)
2. Sunday Slackers.................18
3. Real Houserville.................17 (2)
4. Fear and Loathing..............16 (1)
5. Jawz Attack........................10
6. World of Noise....................8

Nittany Conference Preseason Poll
Rank/Team/Points (First-place votes)
1. Dottsville Toasters.................22 (3)
2. Chinese Organ Thieves..........20 (1)
3. Channel Four News Team.....16 (1)
4. T-Money..............................13 (1)
5. Team Boyer...........................12
6. Graybill’s Generals.................7

NITTANY CONFERENCE PREVIEW

LIBERTY CONFERENCE PREVIEW

Comments